- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery 1 cup frozen sliced okra
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon High River Rogue Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- Cut sausage into 1/2-inch slices; set aside.
- Combine flour and oil in a 4 quart heavy saucepan; mixing until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until roux is a dark reddish brown.
- Stir in onion, bell peppers, celery, okra and garlic; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in Cajun seasoning and High River Rogue
- Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low; stir in sausage, pepper sauce, black pepper and salt to taste. Simmer, covered 15 minutes. Remove cover.
- Bring to a boil; add shrimp and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Ladle Gumbo into bowls with rice