Paul Starkey - Wednesday, January 08, 2014
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
Mango Tango Sauce
- Combine first four shrimp ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss shrimp in marinade and let sit for one hour in refrigerator. Spear shrimp on bamboo skewers and grill 3-5 minutes each side or broil 8-10 minutes.
- Put all sauce ingredients except lemongrass in a blender and puree for 30 seconds.
- Add lemongrass and whip an additional 30 seconds.
Sprout Developer - Tuesday, January 07, 2014
- In a saucepan, saute garlic in butter for a minute or so.
- Whisk in ketchup, Cheerwine, Worcestershire sauce, A-1, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dry mustard and vinegar and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer 20 minutes (until sauce thickens).
- Let cool and refrigerate to chill.
- Combine sauce and chicken in a storage container, making sure chicken is completely coated.
- Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Cook in 350 degree oven until an internal temperature of 170 degrees is reached (about an hour) OR grill on charcoal or propane grill at medium heat
15-20 minutes (with either method, baste with remaining sauce halfway through) until hitting that internal temperature of 170 degrees.
Sprout Developer - Sunday, January 05, 2014
- If using a charcoal grill, arrange coals to allow an area for indirect cooking. If using a gas grill, leave one burner off and set to medium-high heat.
Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Drink half of the can of Cheerwine and place with can (with remaining contents) on a solid surface. Grabbing the chicken by both legs, push the large
bird cavity over the can. Then, transfer the chicken to your grill and place in the cooler portion of the grate, balancing the bird on the can
and using the two legs as stabilizers.
- Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat, with the grill cover on, for approximately 1¼ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165
degrees F in the breast, or, until the thigh juices run “clear.”
- In last 15-20 minutes of cooking, baste generously with Cackalacky® Sweet Cheeerwine Sauce until well coated and caramelized. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Sprout Developer - Saturday, January 04, 2014
- 1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can chopped black olives, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbs Texas Hold’Em with Poker Chip Key Chain
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spread pesto on pizza crust. Top with tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, red onions, artichoke hearts, feta cheese & Texas Hold’Em with Poker Chip Key Chain .
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.