Sprout Developer - Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Season the steak with salt, coat generously with Tabasco Brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce,
and add to pan.
- Cook steak about 2 minutes per side for medium. Remove steak to a plate.
- Add eggs to the pan and cook as desired. Transfer to plate and serve immediately
Paul Starkey - Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Roux (see below)
1/2 Cup Sour Creme
- In a saucepan saute the beef tips, onions, mushrooms and garlic in the butter until the beef is medium rare. Add the wine, Caribbean Sensation Hickory Barbecue Seasoning and
water. Thicken with 2-3 tbsp. Roux. Stir in sour creme. Serve over buttered noodles.
- Roux: In a heavy saucepan, bring 1/2 lb. margarine to a boil. Lower heat and add 1/2 lb. flour. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until
roux is light brown. Roux can be kept refrigerated up to six months.
Sprout Developer - Tuesday, January 14, 2014
- 18-24 large prawns (large shrimp)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons African Rhino Peri-Peri Sauce Mild
- Milled black pepper
- Slit prawns down their backs and devein. Leave heads on, or remove them if you prefer. Depending on the size of your frying pan, cook them in one or
- Heat the butter gently and add the garlic and lemon juice. Don’t let the garlic burn. Add prawns and African Rhino Peri-Peri Sauce Mild.
- Sizzle for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently, until cooked. Season with salt and pepper and tip into a warm serving bowl. Garnish, if you wish, with
chopped fresh parsley. Serve with rice or bread and butter.
Sprout Developer - Monday, January 13, 2014
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon You Can’t Handle This Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Combine white sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk oil, eggs, corn syrup, You Can’t Handle This Hot Sauce and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture; fold in walnuts. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar and water in a small bowl to make a glaze; drizzle over warm brownies.