Store Peppers - Saturday, May 19, 2018
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Tatanka 1 Mild Hot Sauce
- Swiss cheese
- 8 strips crispy bacon
- 4 fried eggs with soft yolks
- 4 soft buns
- Combine the ground meat with egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and Tatanka 1 Mild Hot Sauce,
taking care not to over mix. Form into four patties.
- Either heat a cast iron skillet on the stove over med/high heat or turn on your grill to high heat. Cook the burgers for about 3 mins on each side
for medium rare or until your desired degree of doneness.
- Top with cheese in the last two minutes of cooking.
- Split open the buns and top with the cheeseburgers, bacon, fried eggs and whatever else you like you your burger. (Note: Tatanka 1 Mild Hot Sauce makes a great ketchup replacement as a topping on this burger)
Store Peppers - Wednesday, May 09, 2018
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees
C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and Fat Cat Bacon-Flavored Sriracha (Chili Garlic Sauce with Natural Bacon Flavoring) .
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes
on each side.
Christina Toomey - Friday, April 27, 2018
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (25.5 ounce) jar Dave's Gourmet Organic Hearty Marinara
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large pot or skillet with tall sides, add onions, garlic, and ground beef; cook for 6-8 minutes, or until beef is cooked through; use a wooden
spatula to break apart while cooking. Drain off fat.
- Add Dave's Gourmet Organic Hearty Marinara,
water,oregano, basil, black pepper; whisk well to combine ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, lightly pressing down so sauce comes over it. Lightly stir it every few seconds, so that spaghetti combines with sauce/meat. Simmer
for 20 minutes or until spaghetti is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately topped with parmesan cheese.
Store Peppers - Saturday, April 21, 2018
- 1 lb hamburger, browned
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 3 teaspoons diced mild green chilies
- ¼ cup Karma Sauce - Bad Karma Hot Sauce
FRY BREAD INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- hot oil (for frying)
- Mix together tacos ingredients and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes or until fry bread is done.
- To start fried bread sift dry ingredients into a bowl, and lightly stir in milk. Add more flour as necessary to make a dough you can handle.
- Knead and work the dough on a floured board with floured hands until smooth. Pinch off fist-sized lumps and shape into a flat disk shape.
- Fry in fat (about 375°) until golden and done on both sides, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place hot fry bread on a plate and top with meat sauce and shredded cheese. Add lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc. if desired.