- 12 large sweet banana peppers
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet pickle
- 1/4 cup Iguana Mean Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
- 2 small hot peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bacon
How to Make It
Slit each banana pepper lengthwise, and carefully remove seeds. Wash and set aside.
Combine next 8 ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well.
Stuff each banana pepper with cheese mixture. Wrap a bacon slice around each stuffed pepper, securing well with a wooden pick.
Place peppers on a well greased rack in broiler pan. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Serving Suggestions: Stuffed Banana Peppers may be served with Dill Sauce, Fresh Tomato Sauce, or any sour cream sauce.