- 5 cups bite-sized tortilla chips (6 ounces)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15 ounce can black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup bottled chunky salsa
- 2 – 3 cups shredded cheddar, Colby Jack, or Mexican cheese blend (6 ounces)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Angry Goat Pepper Co. Sacrifice Fire Roasted Habañero Sauce
- Optional toppings (such as thinly sliced green onion, snipped fresh cilantro, seeded and sliced fresh jalapeño chile pepper, sour cream, tomatoes and/or additional bottled chunky salsa)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange half of the tortilla chips on an 11- or 12-inch ovenproof platter or pizza pan; set aside.
Step 2 In a large skillet cook ground beef over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat.
Step 3 Stir the black beans and the 1 cup salsa into the beef. Spoon half of the mixture over chips. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven. Top with remaining chips, beef mixture, and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes more or until cheese melts.
Step 5 Top with Angry Goat Pepper Co. Sacrifice Fire Roasted Habañero Sauce and if desired, top with green onion, cilantro, jalapeño chile pepper, sour cream,tomatoes and/or additional salsa.